Finally got around to uploading the files but word of warning i haven't tested any of the parts yet so please print at your own risk, you have been warned :-)
Raspberry Pi powered retro games emulator, running EmulationStaion.
The PiPlayer STL File is NOT for printing it is just a complete model of the unit.
The printable files will be made available once i have finished printing them and tried them out for size, i might need to make a few adjustments depending on the final prints.
This is my first 3d model as well as my first time doing 3d printing so your patience is appreciated :)
This project came about as i just finished building my printer 3 weeks ago and needed something to print, i had a Pi and was looking for ideas when i stumbled across the PiGrrl and Other designs from Adafruit as well as the Pi Boy Portable and Super Game PiSP.
After a lot of searching i decided there really wasn't any single design that covered all my needs ( and wants ) so decided to design my own.
So what is it i had in mind?
Most Importantly otherwise i couldn't do it, it had to fit on my printer. Only problem is it doesn't :) so the back and front are split into 3 pieces, left grip, right grip and center. This allows me to print on my printer that has a 225mm print bed, if your lucky enough to have a print bed 280mm or over they can be printed as on piece.
- 5 inch HDMI screen ( able to use Pi Graphics Hardware acceleration ).
- Raspberry Pi 2 as no other design seemed to use one yet.
- Enough controls to cover any system.
- The use of tactile switches.
- large battery capacity 5400mAh lipo.
- An easy to access and replace battery.
- Soft on/off functionality
- Minimal use of screws or at least hidden.
- A comfortable design to hold while playing, only a few millimeters thicker than a classic wii controller..
- Accessible USB ports and headphone socket.
- A system indicator and low battery indicator.
- Modified supports for Pi and HDMI Display.
- Grip and Body Interlocks to make assembly easier.
I will keep updating and add to this as i go along :)
To The Materials:
All the above were purchased from Amazon UK mainly because im lazy theres one click checkout and it arrives next day :) Links for Amazon US below.
Printed in Rigid.ink ABS @240°C and 50mm/s.