The design of this violin is not my own. I downloaded the files from http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/topic.aspx?f=4&t=61185 and am sharing them here.
I printed all the parts in PLA, and the strings in ABS. I scaled down the the parts so that the biggest part (the top plate) just fit my printer (Flashforge Dreamer). I printed at 0.2 layer resolution.
I did's use the string model, but instead made my own strings from ABS. To do this, I ran my extruder (the 'load filament' function on my printer) and pulled the extrusion out walking across the room at different speeds to get varying string thicknesses. The E string on the right side is the thinnest, with the G string on the left the thickest. I drilled holes through the pegs to insert the strings. I made notches on the bridge for the strings to sit, like a real violin.
The chin rest support didn't seem to be long enough to go around the edge of the violin, so I just cut and glued it in place.
The bridge is not glued down, just held up with the strings like a real violin.