These nifty "magic wallets" are extremely customizable and personalizable.
The magic wallet is a very popular design right now.
You can find them in every major department store. They cost anywhere from $15-$50 and come in all sizes. You however are smarter than that. You know that you can customize your very own right here on thingiverse and print it out right in the comfort of your own home.You can change the size and shape to fit your very own needs. They can even be printed seperately from the straps so you can mix and match color combos.
Why do you want this?
You don't want this... You NEED this. You have important clients that need a memorable gift so that you stand out. How about a customized case for business cards that has Your details on the outside. What? You want more?? Fine!. How about adding Your logo too? That's right. You will be giving your client a magic wallet decorated with your company logo and your contact details that's filled to the brim with your business cards.
If I haven't sold you by now, then you drive a hard bargin. How about, if you buy one of these at the low price of free, I throw in an nearly infinite supply of custom magic wallets at no extra cost! Act now before supplies run out.
Not available anywhere that they are not available.
- Full Dual extruder support. All "Parts" automatically output to seperate stls. That makes the straps, panels and text/images 3 seperate files. Tri-extruders anyone? (Thanks laird!)
- Changed parameter based on peer input. All STLs will now be generated at one time. You can still select which parts to view in customizer but all parts will be output reguardless of the option selected. (now if you break a strap you can pull up the file that you will already have and print another set)
- Added functionality for logos
- Added printable straps (huge stability improvement)
- Changed default settings to better serve the masses
- Added adjustable tolerances to accompany the printable straps
- Add ability to output sides and straps seperately. Check the advanced tab for this option (multi-color? anyone)
- Portrait Style available (just change the size so that the X is bigger than the Y or vise-versa)
- Reworked tabs in customizer
- Cleaned up a lot of code (almost readable now)
- Started preparing for dualstrusion (will be available in the next version) ** DONE!
- Reoriented build plate
- Fixed problem where logo protrudes through bottom of model
- Added spiel
To be completed:
- Dualstrusion support (you can dualstrude now with straps and sides able to print seperately. Text and logo will be next) DONE!
- Make text and images more customizable (with location and rotation settings)
- Make straps attached to one side of body so you only have to feed them through 1 side.
This is my first project in openscad. I made just about every dimension variable. For those that don't like to mess with success, just use the default sizes and add your personalization.
Open Customizer and alter the personalization variables to suit your needs. The default settings for size works great for business cards and credit cards.
Hit Create Thing when you are finished and wait for Makerbot Customizer to do its thing.
Download and Print out the STL(s) (.3mm layers work fine, no need to go crazy)
Clean holes of excess material (careful not to remove too much. We need the fit to be tight so the straps don't come out)
Insert straps through holes. The ends need to go all the way through the holes. (They will make it, you might have to refer to the previous step)
After all straps are installed, lay the wallet flat on a table and apply pressure to crease the straps.
Open the wallet all the way slowly and tweak the straps as neccessary. Opening the wallet all the way slowly will allow the straps to stretch ever so slightly making the fit perfect.
- Fill with money and send to me, Just kidding (maybe)