Complete set to replace the carriage, left and right XY mount for use of standard 24mm LM8UU (plain) bearings.It contains also the modified cable chain stepper mount for this cable chain: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:124700 and also a specific screw-less "quick-clip" cooling fan mount matching to the carriage.
The goal of this project is to have a good replacement for use of IGUS plain bearings. The challenge was to create a bearing sleeve without any deforming of the bearings caused by fixing screws. So, the solution is the use of snap rings and additional grub screws. Now it's possible to adjust the right fixity for a good slide without loosing of the bearings if the screw too slack.
I recommend to print all parts with ASA filament - it's like ABS, but more stable and heat resistant until 120°C. Important is good calibration of the printer to achieve a good accuracy of the bearing sleeves.
All parts (exclude snap rings):
- 0.2mm layer height
- 30-60% infill
- min. 3 shells
- vertical print of all bearing parts!
- enable support, but remove support inside of the bearing sleeves before printing (if it's possible)
- 0.1mm layer height
- 100% infill
- Use fine sand paper wrapped around a round bar to bring the bearing sleeves to the correct size
- The bearings must fall solely in the sleeve by its own weight
- Use a vertical 8mm round steel to make the fall test with inserted bearings (see pictures).
- The holes for the grub screws are printed with a diameter of 3.4mm - use a M4 tapper to cut the thread for the final size.