I have read from our Sunhokey group the problem on X-carriage having too much play. I say you are not alone on this... LOL
After a week of printing after finishing the printer assembly I noticed the same issue on my printer. The X-carriage plays a lot and even exaggerated by the backlash. Yes the cause is the small linear block/bearing installed on the X-carriage. So I immediately ordered from the supplier a longer linear block (same as the one installed on the z-axis) as I thought it will reduce (if not eliminate) the vibration on the X-carriage thus improving stability.
The longer linear block arrived after 2 weeks or so and I replaced the small linear block on the X-carriage. I just drilled additional 8 holes on the acrylic carriage to accommodate the longer linear block. And just what I thought, it works. The play/vibration was eliminated, X-carriage is now very stable, and printout improves a lot.
Additional improvement was my clamping method for the borosilicate glass. According to supplier, the print size capability of this printer is 200 x 200 x 180. But due to the size of the borosilicate glass, this is not achievable. The maximum print size I can achieve (with the clip also limiting the travel area of the nozzle) is 180 x 180 x 180.
Now the clip to clamp the glass is too big for me. So I thought if I can just use a very small clamping device then I can even add more space/area for the nozzle to travel thus increasing my print size capability. So I took a terminal lug and cut the crimp side and insert it to the heat bed screw (like a washer) and by using the existing leveling spring on the bed, it provided enough force to clamp the glass on the heat bed. (See photos for details)
It turns out pretty good. Not only did it increased the print size (now 195 x 190 x 180) but I can also clamp and un-clamp the glass with ease.
Hope this helps.
Keep printing everyone... cheers!
The obj file is just a dummy file to enable this post to be published.