Never misplace or lose your SD Cards (Standard and Mini) again, keep them all together with this simple storage design.
This is the second minimalistic design for data storage I have uploaded. Last post was for CD/DVD cases and this time it’s for Standard and Mini SD Cards. Attached pictures with instructions are pretty self-explanatory.
Advantages to this design are:
- Minimum plastic. Much less plastic than OEM cases.
- Minimum foot print and case size.
- SD Card Holder works off the print table. No doors to slide, flip, or spin to open to store/retrieve the SD Cards. SD Cards lightly snap into holders
- Case sides cut away for fingers, making for easy insertion and removal. Right or left hand use, SD Cards can be inserted/stored in any orientation.
- Can write on case or stick labels on side of case.
- Can print in colors and store/sort data that way. For fun, I did a patriotic theme with Red/White/Blue.
- Standard SD Card holder size shown in pictures but a Mini holder file is included. Both use the same ends and links.
- Comes with accessory link hinges and decorative ends. Can link cases together, fold, lay flat, and partially fold assemblies. Can stand up or lay down for use/storage. Great for packing into tight places or carry in your pocket. Or design your own case connectors and the sky’s the limit!
- Assemble as many together as you want/need. Mix Standard and Mini SD cards in one hinged assembly.
Notes: For all parts, orient/print vertically. Need clean, level table. Don’t over apply adhesive; you will seize up moving knuckles. Use, “SD CARD Enclosure 001” for Standard SD Cards, Use “SD CARD Enclosure-Mini 001” for mini-SD Cards and use “SD CARD Enclosure-Mini-Wide 001” to mix mini and standard cards in one hinged assembly.