Just in time for Valentine's day; this is a slight modification to the thumb driven heart gear box that eliminates the thumb gear and adds a directly driven center piece that is turned by twisting the base.
- 02/10/2015: Uploaded corrected sleeve stl file. This one is taller to reduce the gap, thanks to cfeniak for pointing this out. The original upload was a previous version and was too short for final design.
- 02/04/2017: Added all parts to this thing, removed differential crank since the direct drive seems to be working fine after testing. Split lid and base of heart to allow for a cleaner look and ability to better differentiate with 2 colors (see featured photo). Print parts 01.stl through 09.stl in one color and the remaining in a second color. Updated instructions and summery.
- 02/05/2017: Added 1-2 gear ratio pieces (untested).
- Print 01 through 09 stl files with gearing of choice and pin_x_8.stl in color of choice for heart.
- Print 10 and 11 stl files with gearing of choice in second color of choice for base.
- Insert center pin (09.stl) through hole in heart base.
- Insert above assembly into keyed hole in outer base (10.stl), optionally use your glue of choice to affix permanently.
- Glue bottom crank (11.stl) to bottom of center pin (09.stl).
- Follow emmett's assembly video to add remaining pieces.