These legs are a light alternative to the stock landing gear. They are great for landing in snow or long grass. They easily snap on and off and no screws or copter mods are required. The snap on clamps are tapered so that the legs protrude down perfectly straight.
If you happen to crash into a tall tree, the gear will probably come off as the copter falls to the ground so your copter won't get stuck 80 feet up in the tree.
If you have a camera, this gear will protect from a hard vertical landing, but probably not an uncontrolled horizontal landing. If you are new to flying, you could use these as well as the stock gear to protect your camera.
1) Print the arm clamp (4 at a time)
2) Print the foot (4 at a time)
3) Cut a piece of 4mm carbon rod to whatever length you want. I am using 10 cm now
4) Clean up the holes with a 4mm or 5/32 drill if needed.
5) Tap the rods into the holes gently. You might want to taper the carbon rod a bit with a file to make it simpler