At long last, a doorway. This Stone Doorway tile was designed to be compatible with Dwarven Forge dungeon tiles. To assemble, you will need approximately 20 gauge wire, or a thick paperclip. If using a paperclip, straighten and poke through the hole, then clip. Then glue the door around the paperclip, using it as a hinge.
For instructions on how to get started with OpenForge, we have a set of tutorials. Want to sell OpenForge prints? Want to use OpenForge designs in your product, check out the license FAQ.
OpenForge is now a patron supported project. I use the resources that my patrons give me in order to get the resources to let me create more sophisticated tiles with a greater level of detail. Please, support me, and I’ll deliver an ongoing stream of awesome gaming terrain. You can find more about OpenForge and Masterwork Tools at our:
To assemble, you will need approximately 20 gauge wire, or a thick paperclip. If using a paperclip, straighten and poke through the hole, then clip. Then glue the door around the paperclip, using it as a hinge.
I strongly suggest painting before assembling. For the doorway, Painting was done in 4 layers.
- Paint whole piece in black
- Heavily dry brush with a dark grey
- pick at least one other color (that could be stone) and paint some random stones, front and back.
- dry brush with grey mixed with a little olive
- lightly dry brush with a light grey, focusing most heavily on edges
For the doors:
- Paint black
- Heavily dry brush with a dark brown
- Dry brush with a lighter brown like burnt umber
- Dry brush lightly with a tan
- Use a steel or silver metal paint on the handles and bolts
- 10/9/2016 - Fixed stone_doorway_corner.2x2.b