Archive model. Not recommended for repetition.
New SB extruder: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2658691
Direct extruder for my SquareBOT 3D printer.
Fits for Nema16/Nema17 stepper motors with planetary gearboxes any gear ratios.
My stepper motor is Nema 17 with planetary gearbox 5:1 gear ratio.
(part # 17HS13-0404S-PG5 from StepperOnline).
Nema 16 motor (part # 16HS13-0604S-PG5) has an identical size gearbox, except shaft diameter (8mm).
I'm going to use short-distance E3D hotend, so the bottom side has the mounting groove.
SquareBOT 3D printer: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:480008
- 04.01.15 I've printed it, and it works perfectly. I'll upload the photos soon.
- middle_part_v2 rev.03-01-15
- mount_v2 rev.03-01-15
- added mount plate for MGN12H block carriage
The knob part needs a support and thick walls.
You need also:
- Extruder gear (feeder roller) bore ø6mm (my was ø5mm, just ream it up to 6mm).
- V625ZZ ball bearing (V-grooved).
- 6pcs bolts M3x30mm.
- 2pcs bolts M3x25mm.
- 1pcs bolts M3x20mm.
- 1pcs bolt M3x10mm with M3 hex nut.
- 1pcs 16mm countersunk head bolt.
- 10pcs M3 plain washers.
- 6pcs M3 inserts (ø5x8mm)
- 17mm shaft ø5mm for ball bearing.
- Spring ø7.5 x 8.1-15mm. My from dryer clips (Ikea PRESSA series).
- Needs insert a little PTFE tube ø4mm under the gear as a filament guide.