just a heads up for people DL-ing the V1.2 case, it is designed to have the compiste jack removed for it to work
I now included a Start/Select buttons, these are made for tactical switches
V1.2 is here! Changelog:
1.I found the case too tall, but I still wanted to keep the top retention, so i designed a clip to hopefully keep it in place.
2.D-pad stud bumped up 3mm
- added "Adafruit's Pi-Boy Remixed" lettering, removed A/B(will return later, maybe) and made start/select lettering bigger.
- added battery vents like the Original GameBoy
- bumped the raspberry-pi's studs down .5mm.
- closed up the direct power port and Ethernet cable port. for a more clean appearance
Like, share and feedback are appreciated!
This is a remix of Adafruit's Pi-Boy. I liked the original design but found it lacking in certain areas.
Improvements in V1.1:
- increased top case lug size, doubling it to the point that you could friction weld it to side of the case if you find it lacking.
- made the case taller to allow two more lugs to be used. helping the top of the case to stay together.
- added the writing on the top of the case (YES I KNOW A AND B ARE BACKWARDS AS ARE START/SELECT. THIS IS MY PREFERENCE!)
- Adjusted the height of the control lugs, I am using tactile switches instead of the SNES controller as i found it impossible to get the pads of the soft keys to line up. plus the tac switches have a better break point.
Follow Adafruit's instructions.