Glowing mushroom for your desktop that is powered by any colored LED and batteries(or usb).
The legend says that:
- Green mushrooms are magical
- Blue mushrooms are ghostly
- Red mushrooms are poisonous / viking fuel ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria )
Designed to be printed with PLA and to fit 2x 2032 lithium 3v batteries, a switch, led and a resistor. The leg of the mushroom is hollowed (3mm) for the wires and the resistor.
Batteries are neatly hidden under the base. Switch is behind the base.
Works ok as a ornament when printed with nontransparent plastic.
(as a side idea the glow was to be produced with a UV led and with a glow in the dark plastic..could still work)
- Print all the parts (unsupported or supported->leg.stl)
- Clean well (the lid and its tracks are hard but they\\'ll work)
- Do all the top solderings (led+resistor*+wires)
- Cut the led and resistor legs short(5mm from top..or so)
- Solder the black wire to the cathode (shorter leg)
- Solder the anode (longer leg +) to the shortened resistor and the wire
- Insert the top assembly correctly from the top (wires first)
- Cut and run the wire from the side to the switch** and solder
- Glue the switch in place (legs and all)
- Strip the wire from switch bare, solder and turn it in to a coil for a contactor.
- Cut black wire approx. 20mm from the hole and strip. Solder and turn it to a contactor.
power voltage(V) - led voltage(V)
------------------------------------ = Resistor (Ohm)
amps used by led (A) (usually 0.02A)
The switch used is made from circuit board multi switch by sawing. (just cut one of them free with hack saw.) be careful with the legs, they are fragile, I wasted mine cos I did not glue it well enough...