This thing is a 3D printed Dobsonian telescope designed for an 8" primary mirror with a focal length of 48". The optical tube assembly consists of aluminum extrusions attached with 3D printed ribs designed for standard hardware and covered with cardboard tubing. The optical tube was mounted onto a base that was made from 3/4" baltic birch plywood cut on a CNC router. The bottom base plates are separated with plastic bearings to allow for control.
- Rack-and-Pinion Focuser: Orion Telescopes Item #13031
- Finder Scope and Bracket: Orion Telescopes Item #07222
- Spider Cell: E-Scopes
- Mirror Set (8 inch f/6 primary with elliptical secondary): E-scopes
- Mirror Cell: University Optics
- Aluminum Extrusions: McMaster Carr Item #07222
- Ball Bearings: McMaster Carr Item #9587K13
- Cardboard Tubing: Menards Item #SONCOM10x12FT
- Plywoord: D&D Plywood
Parts were printed on a MakerBot Replicator 2 (4th Generation).