This is an original design I came up with to try and simplify the creation of the X carriage for HEVO/Hypercube setups. The holes on the back of the mono-block are intended to be tapped with 4mm screws. I'll be surprised if anyone ever uses the set screw provisions, given the tolerances of the bearing bores. Here's a few quick specs:
- Bearing bores are 19mm ID, designed to work with 10mm ID rod bearings
- slots on the side are for the belts to pass through and be retained by 4mm bolts/cap screws
-- No interface between the screw and the belt should be needed, as the screw tip is 2/3 the surface area of the belt width
- The extra 4mm hole provisions on the extruder mount side are hold-overs from the piece-meal design I originally had. Use them for wire clips or whatever you want.
- The BLTouch mount works without a nut (if you are so bold), but otherwise you should have plenty of space for cap screw and nut to retain it
- The mount is Bowden type, and is designed to be used with brass inserts.
- The blower mount at the top of the carriage is also designed to be used with a brass insert. You may need to increase the bore size just a bit by filing. YMMV.
Good luck, let me know if there's any improvements you'd like to see.
I also sell an all-aluminum X carriage block (minus extruder mount) for $55 + shipping. Message me if you're interested.