Cacao 52% keyboard
3d printed keyboard designed for small printers and kailh choc switchs / keycaps only.
The result is very rigid with PLA. It's way harder than a simple plastic or acrylic « plate ».
Note This will not work with Cherry MX keycaps since Kailh Choc have 17×18mm keycaps and not 19mm².
The keyboard will have his proper QMK firmware soon.
- 54× Kailh Choc switch (not the box ones).
- 54× diodes N4148 (100 V 300 mAh Do-35).
- 1× Pro Micro clone at the standard size. I use the black clone one.
- Cable. I use some for wire wrapping since they're very slim.
- Some PLA.
- Some solder.
- 12× m2 insert thread, the slimmest ones.
- 6× m2 bolts
- 18× m2 screws
- 8× 3M rubber dome foot.
- A cheap 3d printer
- A dremel or equivalent
3d print and assembly
Don't forget to place the bottom surface on the bed (On the two Case parts this seem's to be on the bed but this is not by default).
Choose the case model with or without the support for the micro USB cutout.
Inserts the threads with a solder iron.
For the junction between the two parts, use the dremel with PLA filament and pratice friction solder joints. This is way more functionnal than glue and more slim than inserts threads and screw.
For minimize the deformation I suggest you to use this order for the juction process :
- Start with the top of the two case.
- Then solder the top of the 2 plate.
- Then solder the bottom of the 2 plate.
- Then the bottom of the case.
I suggest you to read those this guide and the qmk handwiring guide : https://imgur.com/a/qcgdF
The firmware is ready and the keymap is usable.
Key features :
- All the alphas of a 60%
- Left shift and left ctrl are also Home/End on single tap.
- Right shift and right ctrl are also PageUp and pageDown on single tap.
- Direct arrow to arrow keys on the right of the bottom row.
- 1st additional layer provide F1~F12 keys and symbols with the capslock keys and a single unit key after the right shift.
- 2nd additional layer provide access to numbers and numpad and some media keys.
You can compile it from my personal QMK fork that I update frequently on the branch cacao52%.