This is stylized after the case that came with the Gameboy Advance gummies from way back when. They were really cute! When I was little, I tried to keep one as a container, but I lost it in a move when my family changed houses. The standalone case goes for $10 on Ebay now. That option is definitely cheaper than 3D printing, but I wanted to customize.
UPDATE 9.20.19 - Everything has been resized to be much smaller, and more closer to the dimensions of the original GBA gummies case. I've also included a lid for the back of the front half, for covering up the screen edges.
UPDATE 10.4.19 - I had it printed! Shout-outs to Onyx FDM, the company I paid to print this. The fit is great, although I realized the back ridge was not necessary. So it's been removed. Other changes include slightly scaling the front screen cover to be a better fit. The holes I was worried about came out as faint impressions from the D-pad circle and inlets surrounding the start/select buttons. I'm guessing it's the result of inner geometry when I was trying to make the holes in the first place. Future updates will showcase the screens once I have it printed and glued everything down.
UPDATE 10.12.19 - I had the screen parts printed and decided to make the front part slightly taller. The updated file has been uploaded. Once I'm done gluing and sanding things down, I'll share the finishing process and show off pics of all the printed parts.
UPDATE 10.16.19 - Back screen file has been made slightly wider. Post-printing details posted.
UPDATE 10.23.19 - Front screen file has been made slightly taller. Some extra details have been posted below regarding dimensions.
The front half was printed on its side, not the face. Excluding the buttons, the front half is a little under 0.375 inches. (I only have rulers in inches, sorry.)
For gluing down the front screen detail and clear plastic for the actual screen, I recommend using acetone. I used superglue to glue down the front detail and it created a fog effect after it dried. Sanding down the marks didn't make them go away, so I won't be using superglue to glue prints in the future. (This is why you see some scratches on the front half of the case in the picture.) For the clear plastic, I used Mr. Hobby cement, which is acetone-based, and it dried perfectly clear.
I didn't make a model for the actual screen, since my plan was to just cut a clear acrylic sheet to size myself. The depth of the screen inlet is approximately 1.041mm.
The shoulder buttons aren't separated, as they're necessary for prying the front half off easily. I'm also considering making some little platforms for GBA cartridges to put inside, since that was a feature of the original case.
This was designed in millimeters.