Let me just say that I love CaseStudyno8 Lightsaber's. Darth Vader's looked the easiest to print and assemble, so I started there.
Once I assembled my first printing, I decided I wanted a couple modifications.
First I wanted the Power Regulator to be able to move. I designed a print-in-place Power Block connected to the Power Regulator on a ball joint. I've provided two models, one with a 0.2mm gap around the ball joint and a second with a 0.4mm gap around the ball joint. If the smaller gap doesn't work, try the larger gap.I printed this with Supports and a Brim. That probably isn't necessary. NOTE: I did not model my Power Regulator faithfully from the original, I designed it so be relatively easy to print. But I still think it fits well with the model, overall.
Secondly, the regarding Power Switch. It had six little half-spheres on it. I thought these would look nicer with color and one might even want to color them independently. So I created a version of the Power Switch with insets for Jewels and a model for the Jewel. This model (with individual jewels) worked better when I reduced the number of jewels to 5. As with anything this small, I'd recommend printing with a Brim. There is no reason for Supports.
I've printed these and I'm happy with the design. Unless I get suggestions, I don't anticipate future changes.
CC3D PLA, 1.75mm
- I imported the original Power Block and Power Switch .stl files into Fusion 360 (one Fusion model for each)
- I converted I converted them from Mesh to BREP.
- I created new Bodies from the dimensions on the BREPs (I did not attempt to remodel the BREPs)
- I did the additional modeling required for my desired modifications