This adapter is to connect a Ridgid 6 in. random orbital sander to a Ridgid brand shop vac for purposes of dust mitigation. It's designed to screw onto the back of the sander, and to press fit onto the vacuum hose. Depending on your printer and slicer settings, this print should take between 4-6 hours to complete.
I included the .STP files as well as the .F3D files in case anyone is interested in editing or remixing the part to suit their needs. If this part has been useful, feel free to leave a Tip!
V22 is slightly sleeker looking, but the walls around the threads felt a little thin.
V23 is a little thicker in the hips as I added a ring of extra wall thickness over the threads.
They both should fit the same, so print whichever one you like better,
I suggest printing this part using 3+ walls and 20-30% infill or greater. While this part shouldn't see much strain, the tools it attaches to have a tendency to be used roughly. A stouter print will simply take more abuse. PLA, PETG, ABS, or any other non-flexible filament should work fine. The only portion of the model which requires supports are the screw threads. The rest of the overhangs are at a 45 degree angle or less. In Cura, I use Zig Zag supports at 15% density with a 0.4mm Support Z Distance to make the supports easy to remove.
Depending on the tolerances of your printer and the condition of the tools this part attaches to, the fit of this print will vary from user to user. If the connections are a little tight, lightly sand them to fit. If the connections are slightly loose, a few inches of duct tape can make a tight seal.
I took some measurements of the vacuum hose inlet and the sander connection. In Fusion, I made a preliminary Sketch defining the dimensions of the part and the profile of the part's geometry. I used the Revolve tool to extrude that profile around a central axis, then used the Threads tool to finalize the screwy bits.
I wasn't sure of the exact style, pitch, and diameter of the threaded connection so I did a few test prints, adjusting things as needed. A metric thread, M70x4, ended up being the closest fit. I adjusted some wall thicknesses to account for the size of the thread and bore.
With the vital geometries all flushed out, I added a few chamfers to the openings so that it was easier to attach to the tools in question. I also chamfered the transition from the vacuum side to the sander side so that the overhang wouldn't require supports.
Dimensions of the Sketch.
Cross section of the finished model.