I wanted to share the modified parts I used by CaseStudyno8 to make a more accurate-looking Qui-Gon lightsaber in addition to making some parts cleaner to print. The original model's outer handle was too tall by a few mm's to print on my printer, so while tweaking that, I went around and changed some other items. Here's a quick breakdown:
-Outer Handle - changed to 4 cutouts, rounded lower corners, and shortened to fit printer (use supports)
-Handle - curved ridges, shortened to fit new Outer Handle (use supports, print horizontal)
-On/Off button - added knurling
-On/Off Shroud - added slight lip to raise button (use support)
-Emitter Alt 2 - added a new emitter resembling prop better
-Emitter Bottom Black - added thin black disc that goes immediately below the emitter.
-Middle Chamber Spindle and Sections - Uses a spindle with 5 sections which looks cleaner than removing supports from a solid piece.
-Upper Chamber Spindle and Sections - Uses a spindle with 2 sections, reshaped the chamber slightly.
-Black Button Outer/Inner - Added a screw for better look.
The pommel is unaltered.
CC3D, Overture PLA
Silk Silver, Silk Red, Black
Print handle laying down with grooves facing up. Don't worry about poor quality on the bottom from the supports as it will be hidden by the outer handle.
Ensure extrusion flow is not too high to avoid uneven top layers on disc sections that must align flat. No sanding should be needed.