This is a heavily modified version of Fillitup309's Milwaukee Battery holder. Thanks for the original design!
This version has:
- The same 4 hole spacing as my longboard trucks, allowing easy mounting to tail or nose.
- Clearance for 5 and 9 AH batteries to be mounted (they stick out past the original holder and touch the board)
- Modified power section to allow the use of standard spade connectors as power prongs
- The ability to be printed reliably in a vertical orientation
- Space for the wires to allow mounting two holders back to back in order to make a 36 volt or 10s setup.
- Holes and clearance for zip tie hold downs for bench use, ebikes etc.
- Filets, filets and more filets everywhere to make it stronger and a little nicer looking
Physics being what it is, the heavy 9.0AH M18's I utilize on my E-board liked to continue straight up every time my board hit a bump. Now the model can be printed vertically to eliminate failure from layer separation. You can help this further by adding a vercro strap that tightens over the battery when installed.
I would recommend using petg or nylon, at least 50% infill and 4 perimeters if your going to use it on an eboard. It does require support to print in any orientation.
The Yellow spade connectors fit perfectly with their insulating jackets removed. Add a shot of hot glue after they are installed with a battery attached to hold them in place.
Remember that slapping a battery into place will cause an arc as the capacitors take their initial charge! Use a anti spark power key (power loop) or a Eswitch to keep the prongs, battery bms and controller safe.