Here are the files for my lamp extender project.
I modelled some parts that would make the cable exit look nicer (and keep the cable away from sharp edges) and hold the lamp socket cover in place.
It was made to fit the cover for the IKEA Melodi (38cm) lamp. So the "Melodi" model files will only work for that lamp.
The whole arm is made out of:
- Two pieces (900mm and 100mm) of 4040 T1 T-slot aluminium extrusions.
- One angle bracket with matching M8 T-slot fittings.
- One M8 T-slot fitting and a M8 screw eye.
- Two plastic endcaps for the exposed sides (store bought)
The printed parts:
The "cable exit" (see second photo) is a two part design to protect the cable from the extrusion edges, and to guide the cable straight down.
The "backing" part has a lip that should rest inside the T-slot channel.
Together they sandwich the cable and then you push the whole assembly into the extrusion end.
Note that the pegs that fit inside the extrusions corners might need to be filed ever so slightly for a nice fit. It depends on how hard the printed plastic is.
In my case I filed a tiny bit of the stud-wedges since I printed it out of PLA which is pretty hard. Other plastics might work without filing.
I made a 60mm long T-slot channel cover that fills the gap in the vertical piece of the extrusion.
I also printed two more of those covers, but 30mm long (just scaled in the slicer). Those I snapped into the channel on top to keep the cable in check.
- Melodi socket cover plug and nut. (See third photo)
In order to get the socket cover snuggly against the ceiling I made a plug that fits in the bottom hole, followed by a thin plastic M8 "nut".