This is a collection of all files to print and build a replica E11 blaster as carried by stormtroopers and seen in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. All parts of the Sterling SMG L2A3 were modeled to measurements taken from an actual Sterling parts kit. I also resourced templates and dimensional information on FISD. The scope and t-tracks were modeled to measurements taken from replica parts I purchased. I borrowed the Hengstler from Thingiverse and made some modifications. Print one of everything except the deflectors and t-tracks. Print (2) deflectors, (5) 9-hole t-tracks, and (1) 10-hole t-track. Alternatively, you may print 6 straight t-tracks in lieu of those already formed. The straight t-tracks may then be gently heated, bent, and cut to size before assembly.
You have a choice of printing and using the M38 or the M19 scope, depending on your preference.
ASSEMBLING THE BARREL: DO NOT glue the receiver/barrel shroud halves together until the barrel is inserted into both halves. The barrel will have to be rotated around the alignment tabs:
1) Insert the barrel through the rear opening.
2) Rotate the barrel until it pushes through.
3) insert barrel into front half, rotating as necessary.
4) Ensure proper alignment of halves.
5) Apply adhesive to halves only, allowing barrel to float for now.
6) Make sure barrel is positioned with the relief slot on the rear of the barrel rotated toward the ejection port before installing the muzzle in the barrel shroud.
ASSEMBLING THE BACK CAP CATCH: You will need to provide a small diameter metal pin to complete the assembly. The pin should be cut to a length that is flush with the bracket outside walls. The catch will rotate within the back cap catch bracket. You will need to provide some sort of spring mechanism or compressible material underneath the textured end of the catch if you want it to reset to the locked position.
ASSEMBLING THE MUZZLE: You will need to provide (2) 1/4-20 x 3/4" socket head screws to attach the barrel to the muzzle.
FINISHING THE GRIP: You will need to provide (1) 1/4-20 x 3/4" socket head screw in the end of the grip. This is purely a cosmetic feature.
LOCATING THE FOLDING STOCK PIVOT:
1) Assemble and glue the folding stock front and rear halves.
2) Assemble but DO NOT glue the folding stock pivot to the folding stock.
3) Insert the folding stock retainer into the square tab underneath the barrel.
4) Mate the folding stock pivot with the receiver tube, rotating it into place.
5) Mark the location.
6) Disassemble the folding stock pivot from the folding stock.
7) Glue the folding stock pivot in place, ensuring that the pivot is centered.
8) With the folding stock retainer inserted in the square tab underneath the barrel, glue the folding stock arms to the pivot.
More instructions to follow. Stay tuned.