I designed this case because I wanted to mount an overkill full 120mm desktop fan to cool my new Raspberry Pi 4. It does get quite warm out of the box, so a good case like this one is kind of needed.
- Room for a full 120mm 12V desktop fan.
- Good venting holes that takes air in from the sides.
- A channel that goes under the board from within, which keep the air moving under the board as well.
- Ribbon cables can be routed under the board and then out.
- Easy access to swap microSD without a tool.
- Use a step-up converter to convert the 5V output from the Pi to 12V, which most 120mm fans do need.
- Use code to send a PWM signal to the PWN pin on the fan to control the fan RPM based on the Pi's temperature, so it's not on full blast all the time.
This model does not fit older models of the Pi.