Uploaded revised RH 5 degree duct V2.5 which allows more clearance for the heat & thermistor cables.
EZABLTouch Plate_V1 incorrect hand - have uploaded EZABLTouch Plate_V2
Uploaded a WIP fixing plate for a EZABL sensor. This was a member request with a 18mm mounting hole specified. Never used one so this is definitely work in progress. All comments welcome
Uploaded 5015 Ducts (Straight & Offset) with BL Touch mounting panel and mounting plate. I do not own a BL Touch so this design was based on 3D models so definitely WIP. I have increased the thickness of the Duct mount to the base unit to make it even more robust on the LH duct. You may now need to use M3 x 10 mm to fix to the base unit. You will require 2 x M3 x 6 mm bolts to mount the BLT fixing plate to the duct and 2 x M3 x 6 mm bolts to mount the BLT to the fixing plate. The fixing plate allows for 6 mm height variation.
Uploaded M3 spanner-nut holder to help fix 5015 fans if long nosed pliers are not available.
This is a remix of my previous Hero Me remix which works with the BASARABA INNOVATIONS USA Direct Drive upgrade kit for the Ender 3, Ender 3 Pro & CR10S.
This remix involves the base unit (2 versions), Dual 4010 fan duct and the dual 5015 fan duct. The dual fan duct also has 2 versions one straight and one offset to 5 degrees to clear the motor.
The parts in this thing are based on the standard stock hot end only at this time.
The Remix 2 duct fan are compatible with these base units but I have revised them with hopefully better air flow and improved seating for the 5015 fans so may be worth reprinting.
I am waiting for my UK supplier to attain stock of the Ender 5 direct drive kit so I am unable to provide an Ender 5 version at this time.
All parts were rebuilt from scratch in Fusion 360.
Apologies in advance if any of the items below are included in another remix I have not spotted.
In this remix I have:
1.Created a sturdy 3 point fix solution for the base to the mounting plate integrating the direct drive motor spacer within the base units themselves
2.Extended the wire management of the fans, hiding cables, with a cable channel & cap across the hot end fan and a restraining clip to the main cable feeds.
3.All parts included can be printed without supports.
4.Included 2 base versions. The base 2 version does the same job has Base 1 but allows exit of the cabling to the right of the motor instead of the left which will help assembly if using the 4010 fans but does make the wiring loom less visually elegant. Usage should be solely based on personal preference.
Printing and Installation Notes
1.Please refer to the direct drive upgrade kit documentation for basic installation guidance, if unsure please contact and I will attempt to explain any specific installation issues.
2.I have uploaded an installation guide for each base unit for referral.
3.Please be careful when manipulating fan duct wires. Most lost cost fans have very delicate soldering and can easily break. I have re soldered many wires during the prototyping of this thing. I have found the Creality branded fans to be much more robust and better performance than other unbranded items.
4.I have noticed that the LH duct can conflict with Ender 3 Heat Bed cable retention housing at the extreme rear left. This must be something inherent with the original thing because the duct footprint as only changed slightly. Just be aware of this if printing anything which is placed to the very rear left hand corner.
5.If you are using the standard plastic stock extruder head you will need to snip off the cable shroud clips adjacent to the bowden tube nozzle to clear the new cable tie retention detail. If you are using an upgrade aluminium head this does not have any cable clip and will clear the base part.
Prototypes printed with Tronxy Orange PETG
0.2 resolution, 3 perimeters, 30 % infill, 245C @ 35 mms on an Ender 3 Pro\ Ender 5