The only durable part in spring clamps is the spring. Even my trusty (pricey?) Wolfcraft clamps finally fail after several years of service. Planned obsolescence ? Maybe. What if we can make stronger parts with long lasting as goal ?
Jaws opening <60mm (2"3/8).
2x handles (3d printed)
2x pivot jaws (3d printed)
1x Reclaim spring from broken spring clamp
2x M330mm screw (ideally set screw type)
1x M4*30mm screw (ideally set screw type)
*Spring max size:
- Wire 2.5mm max diameter.
- Coil: 10mm height x 15mm diameter.
- Legs: from center max 50mm long.
/!\ Assembly can be tricky or dangerous for unskilled people. Please wear safety protection, especially safety glasses. See in Post-printing section for the safest assembly procedure I found out.
Khaki + Orange
Support from bed and part.
Please reorient the jaws to print them flat.
The handles can be printed in place.
The safest and easiest way I found is:
- Screw the pivot jaws in place with M3 screws
- Secure each spring leg into each handle with a pair of locking pliers*
- Insert the two handles in place into a vice
- Slowly tight the vice and align the two handles in place
- Insert the M4 screw (the M4 screw should be inserted easily)
- Release the vice
- Remove the locking pliers
- Some thermoplastic can be brittle, please don't clamp too tight the locking pliers.