This mod is based on original Akai Miniak display, originally hidden behind small plastic window and completely useless, unreadable in original position.
- Remove display and original plastic window, print parts, position base, mark and drill holes
- Combine printed parts and fit everything together
- Extend display's ground cable - but dont worry about ribbon, original lenght is enough
- Attach a ribbon and place display in new housing - don't try to place display first and then attach a ribbon - it will not work
- Screw display to housing
- Screw housing to chassis - WARNING!!!! Screws can't be to long or housing will be damaged - be carefull!
- Enjoy fully readable display!
about print - rotate models to make them horizontal (it is ok in Cura - I'm not sure about others - e.g. thingiverse preview is rotated - it shouldn't be)
USE SUPPORTS to support upper horizontal edge of display hole