Run by just blowing air into it. Demonstration:
Exploded view in 3d viewer:
If you like how it works, you can support me by purchasing the Pneumobile chassis:
https://gum.co/pneumobile (3d Viewer: https://skfb.ly/6LV6D)
Works with this remote:
Or with simpler remote from the Vapemobile set:
Extra parts needed:
- M3x8 Bolts (x15)
- M3 Nuts (x15)
- Nitrile Gloves (thumbs from M sized gloves worked the best)
or Silicon (worse) or PET (not tested) ones
- M3x12 or longer bolts (2x)(for the gears)
- M3 Nuts (x2)(for the gears)
- 6x4mm Silicon Pipe (can be found in aquarium shops)
- M5x10mm Washers (x2) (instead of printed ones)
- 105ZZ Bearings (x2) (noticed no difference in performance)
Printed well with 0.6 nozzle at 0.2 layer height. Some parts (Cylider_Back_Lid and Valve_Lid_6mm) need supports. After printing cut away the brims from Cylinder_Ring parts.
Parts with "X_" in their names are optional.
- Use 3d diagram as a guide: https://skfb.ly/6LQBR
- Cut off a glove finger tip (thumbs from M sized glove worked well)
- Pull it onto a Cylinder_Ring (Use Helper_Finger to leave enough height)
- Connect a Piston to it with two Washers
- Clamp the Cylinder_Ring between Cylinder_Plate and and Cylinder_Lid
- Clip them with Helper_Clamp so they won't fall apart at once
- Bolt them together to Plate_Top
- Repeat for the other 2 cylinders
- Insert th Crank with 2 Washers
- Fix it in place with Frame_Bottom
- Bolt all the parts together
- Put the Valve_Inner in place
- Bolt the Valve_Lid into place
- The engine should be running!
- Jams on a certain cylinder - glove finger may be too small, and the cylinder washer is catching on it when passing the cylinder ring.
- Isn't rotated freely by hand - gears bolted too tightly to frame (should have a bit of play), some gear teeth didn't print very well, or the whole gear printed with "elephant foot" and runs too tight with another gear.
- Rotated freely by hand, but struggling under air pressure - the valve may have too much friction against the frame surface when pinned down to it by pressure (may help sanding the inner valve surface a bit).