Based on the very reliable vertical track rewind spool holder I created a dry box for my Prusa MK3S MMU2 for around 40. I can hold 4 spools dry and ready to use. I have 2 of these under my table so I have 8 spools ready to use in my multimaterial makes.
Here is what you need to build one of these:
- 4x vertical Spool Holders.
- 1x LCD holder. STL included in this remix.
- 4x wall-passthroughs with dust filter. Remixed from this and this. 3MF included in this remix. You will need to include a little bit of foam for the dust filter.
- 1x Iris box 59 x 39 x 29 cm. I bought a set of 2 from Amazon.de for 34,60 €. Other boxes of similar size should also work but you should try to get one with good close to keep it dry.
- 8x pc4-m10 Pneumatic Quick Fitting connectors. I bougth 10 from Amazon.de for 7,99€. 4 of them go into the outside filament inputs of the drybox and the remaining 4 are for the tube inside connecting to the spool holders at the rear.
- 1x 34 x 17 5 cm dry bag. I bougth 3 from Amazon.de for 16,99 €. I put it under the filament inputs. You need to make sure the front spools do not get in contact with it to avoid friction.
- 1x Mini LCD Digital Thermometer and Hygrometer. I bougth 6 from Amazon.de for 14,59 €.
- 4x PTFE tube from the drybrox to the Prusa MMU2. You will also need around 80 cm inside the box.
- some velcro stripes to keep the holders fixed to the bottom of the box.
I would also recommend the Prusa MMU2 PTFE Holder M10 Passthrough Adapter if you use more than one drybox so you can easily change the tubes.