Update: 6/27: Added slim version and a no-hole lid for installs without override switch.
Update 6/25: Increased hole and nut sizes, modified lid to allow removal with override switch snapped on. Fixed hole spacing error.
OctoPrint supports Power Supply (PSU) management with the "PSU Control" plugin. This box is for the HiLetgo 5V 1 Channel Relay Module with optocoupler Support High or Low Level Trigger which, I confirmed, can be controlled with a 3.3v signal from the Raspberry Pi GPIO and powered directly from the 5V on the GPIO port.
Wiring is simple:
- Ground (black/-) remains connected directly from PSU to Printer
- Positive (red 24v+) from PSU goes into COM pin on the Relay
- NC or NO goes to positive (red) on the Printer depending on the choice to have the printer ON Normally Connected (NC) or OFF Normally Open (NO) by default. This can also be controlled via the OctoPrint plugin settings
I will add a wiring diagram when I get to it. Added two screenshots of the plugin install and config screens.
The hole in the lid is for an override switch like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012IJ38S6
The override switch can be wired to:
- Turn ON: bridge the COM to the NC/NO
- Turn OFF: between either the PSU or the Printer wires