Bigger, Beefy, and Better than previous versions!
Jig/Guide/Yoke for creating a 1/4 ground plane antenna suitable for transmitting. Uses brass rod for the elements.
This MkIII design boasts the following features:
- Thicker yokes for support-less printing and improved rigidity.
- Dedicated cable-tie mounting holes.
- Alignment studs for easier assembly and improved rigidity.
My specific instance of this object was designed for the 2m amateur radio band.
Modified Cube 3 to accept bulk filament.
- Print four of the object.
- Align the splits together and use a cable tie to hold it all together.
- Insert ~3.18mm brass rod and align to BNC connector.
- Solder and enjoy!
3D Printed Parts
Diameter: anything which fits! The design has 4mm holes. I used 3.18mm rods.
Length: calculate for desired operating frequency
Material: conductive. Aluminium or Copper are good choices. I used brass rods.
Any panel-mount style connector will do. I used a panel-mount BNC connector.
Chooses smaller width size to ensure fitment around pieces.