This is the heavy equipment trailer i made for my Tamiya Tundra w/ Dropped Bed.
It is more like 1/12 scale then true 1/10, since the Tamiya is smaller than 1/10
- All printable on a 200x200 bed
- Cut in many parts for easy printing, most with minimal supports.
STEP and F3D files now available for you to mod the parts yourself
June 10 2019 In its current state, the trailer is printable without major issues.
June 21 2019 Bed_Rear_25mm_FW has the wheels 25mm forward, for better balance when using the straight neck. (Less weight on your hitch)
June 26 2019 Added side rails, glue front-back parts together then drill 2.5mm diameter by 4mm deep holes in the bed and use M3x10 screws to fix it.
July 2019 I made some printable dually wheels, needs (1x) M4x35 bolt+nut and (2x) 4x13x5 bearings per wheel. Also print the new Suspension_Swing_Arm_v3.stl to be able to use these wheels. Some light sanding might be required as the tolerances are tight.
- Straight neck info :
- BLANK file is a square end with nothing on it. Use this if you want to design your own hitch system that will easily attach to my trailer.
- 3mm HOLE is a 3mm hole, to attach a rod end of your choice using long 3mm set screws.
- 4mm HOLE is a 4mm hole, blah blah blah :P
- 6mm RING is a 6mm hole in a 12mm ring, like the one you see on dump truck trailers. Maybe you just wanna have a screw or pin sticking out of your bumper, sometimes simplicity just works..
Goose Neck Hitch is made for a Traxxas 1942 rod-end, using (1) of the (4) balls with threads in the package (other balls have a hole instead, will not work). Designed to work with my Tamiya Tundra Dropped Bed, which depending on your model might be higher/lower than mine so please measure carefully before printing to make sure it will fit your model.
I have made printable grills for the rear ramp trailer part, wood was too slippery for my dozer to climb onto.
I also made some wood imitation printable top for those who don't have access to wood.
- The different parts will bolt on with M4 screws and some nylock nuts and a couple of 4mm rods for the wheel axles and a 3mm rod for the rear ramps.
Comments and suggestions welcome, and you can remix everything to your heart's desire, as long as you publish your work here too.
I have made extensive modification in the past few days, make sure you get the latest files before printing !
- Dimensions : about 600mm long (by) 180mm large
- Bed Dimensions : 340mm long (by) 180mm large
Goes well with my other designs :
Tamiya Tundra Dropped Bed : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2990191
RC Bulldozer : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3654785
Scale Chain Binder : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3683701