This trap is used to filter microfauna, for example, nematodes and tardigrades (water bears). Nematodes are microscopic organisms that can be found across the planet. The first foot of topsoil can contain up to 3 billion nematodes.
- Assemble trap as pictured
- Fill trap with tap water or distilled water. Use distilled water if tap water contains high concentrations of chlorine. Do not add salt, unless the sample is from a marine environment (photo 1).
- Add a small, damp soil sample to the trap in filter paper or tissue (photo 2).
- Fold paper (photo 3).
- Place trap under a light.
- Wait 24 hours.
- Sample water by removing the threaded cap.
STL's are already in their proper orientation for printing and do not require supports.
For Pre-Sliced Files:
Body: 2hr 32min and 29.49g
Stand: 1hr 57min and 19.25g
Mesh: 0hr 29min and 4.50g
Cap: 0hr 15min and 2.20g