Invert Z kit for FLsun i3 Plus (300x300x400). Also works on 2020 extrusion frame if you have room.
This invert Z kit includes heavy duty brackets for the Z axis. They are 8mm thick. Frame brackets are optional.
Lead screws are 20mm closer to bed platform.
Stabilizer Insert and Cap designed with noise damper teeth and 2mm play. Please add grease to maximize noise damping and for durability. It's less than 10 min to print the insert anyway.
M4 nuts and bolts.
(2) 608 type roller bearing [or] print the Stabilizer Insert and Cap.
Tap the roller bearings into the stabilizers. Round out the edge to help install the bearings easier.
If your printer lay flat then you need printer feet. Motors are lower than the base 2020 frame so make sure you have printer feet ready to install!
*Align the edge of the part to the edge of your 2020 vertical frame, that is exactly 20mm to align the lead screws with the motors.
*If use 608 roller bearing and your machine make high pitch grinding noise when Z axis move at low speed then try out the Stabilizer Insert. Lead screws are not supposed to be bind at the top but people prefer to use 608 roller bearing anyway.
Rec Print Settings
Parts are only as strong as the material you printed with. Use higher Infil for PLA. I print with PETG at 60% infil for functional parts and 20% for cosmetics.
Nozzle - 0.4 or 0.5 doesn't matter. Big nozzle for big printer to print faster.
Infil - 50% to 80%
Shell - 2mm
Support (T-plate and motor mounts only)
Please place the models flat on bed before slicing unless noted otherwise. Models shown in pictures are for viewing only!
- Added a remix version of a heavy duty Y corner brace from Seajai1997. Corner shaved for 2020 to go thru if you have a shorter Y platform setup for stability, and spiced a bit with some texture. Use MIRROR for opposite corners. Remember to mirror the Foot too if you plan to use the Foot with the Y brace. ALL CREDIT to original creator.
- Added another heavy duty version of lead screw stabilizer to increase the strength of the z frame and easy alignment.
- Added more L-Plate bracket options.
- Added 2 versions of T-Plate Bracket that let you use together with metal corner bracket.
- Increased Z Gantry thickness to 7mm to support heavy carriage (i.e. direct drive setups)
- Renamed files for easy id.
- Added Z diagonal brace. Please print as shown for strength and please use support.
- Added resizable bar length to create your own length. In CURA: Resize the bar to the length you want. Place the Custom Bar End on each end of the bar you just resized and make sure they are aligned. RIGHT CLICK, choose SELECT ALL MODELS, and MERGE MODELS.
- Added 2 faceplates "dreams ON" and "maker of things" for fun. This is the final addition to this kit. Next updates will just be uploading pictures of everything assembled.
- Updated photos
- Project is now complete. No more future updates. except for spell checking =) Next project will be going hardcore with MGN12 rails!
I also have some other things for FLsun i3 Plus in my designs section. feel free to grab somethin'.
Quick links to MGN12 add-ons and kits: