0.2mm for the wings, 0.1mm for the body
Das Filament PETG
Metallic Blue, Maisgelb (Metallic Blue, Corn yellow)
I've added 2 versions of the butterfly:
The parts starting with MMU are designed (but not tested) for multi color / multi material printing.
The other parts are design for single extrusion printers (like the one I'm using). I've used this service https://blog.prusaprinters.org/color-print/ to insert a filament change command at layer height 0.6mm into a gcode file rendered by Slic3r / PrusaSlicer. Might work with other slicers, too.
- The Butterfly_Welding_Wire_Mount-Body(Bottom)-Body1.stl part is used for both versions.
The butterfly is printed flat on the print bed. You can use a hairdryer to slightly heat up the print and bend it to your desire. In just a couple of seconds a boring flat little piece of plastic transforms in something cute and more realistic.
- Put the bottom part of the body onto the wire
- Apply some glue to at the top of the bottom body
- Add the wings to the wire
- Level both parts that they align with the top of the wire
- Apply some glue to the bottom of the top body
- Place and align the top part onto the top of the wings