just another box with a living hinge. One clean version, one with shameless self promotion.
While clean version is relatively straight forward (well, still some problems may happen, TPU is a bitch sometimes), the decorated one is far more complicated to print, because of pretty fine details.
The object on Foto is good one after many tests and experiments (see collection picture below)
As usual I attach the Fusion file what a bit more complex (esp. the decoration stuff) and maybe less useful. The QRCode is based on Qrcode-Monkey, pre processed in Inkscape, extruded in OpenSCAD and just imported as mesh in Fusion. Also the Parameters are not as flexible as I'd wish.. anyway - it's there, you may open/use it or not.
i still have and use Filamentum TPU A98. Make sure it's super dry, it makes a big difference from "nice try" to "great".
FYI: My printer is not only direct drive, I made it extra flexible proof.
It makes a big difference what color prints first. PrusaSlicer always starts with material #1. So I set the black to #1 what makes the decorations more 'fat' but also makes the QRCode more readable.
After experiments my proud result My best setting was following special settings of the first layer:
- clean heater sub bed, clean PIE-sheet backside (for steady Z-layer)
- clean print bed +some skin fat (for better removability after print - no joke, works well)
- 0.13mm layer hight (details vs. print stability and z-)
- standards layer width (let PruseSlicer deside)
- extrusion flow 135%
The higher flow rate is the best finding: TPU, thin layer hight needs some extra pressure. But of course this is not easy to achieve because usually flexible tends to break out.
However, from second layer on it looks fine with 2.5mm layer hight, flow 100%.
tests and intermediate results
although bigger decoration elements worked pretty straight forward I experimented a lot to increase cleanliness and smaller details.