I designed this to simplify erasing a bunch of harddrives using internal PC connections to speed things up and to allow for full SATA command transparency (unlike USB docks). It's designed to sit on top of a PC case (if your PSU and SATA cables allow for it of course).
The design is made to fit Dell power and SATA connectors perfectly, but should fit other brands as well. The connector housing is modular and it should be easy enough to create one that fits your specific connectors.
The design is made for 3.5" harddrives, but it should fit 2.5" drives as well if you create a little spacer.
- Designed not to use too much filament
- Designed to be printable without supports (if you can manage long overhangs)
- Modular: it's easy to make your own connector housing and swap it out.
- Fits 3.5" drives, or 2.5" with an adapter of your own creation.
- Scale it up/down a bit to get the fit just right
- .25mm layer height is fine
As always the original design file (fusion360 + STEP) is included, so feel free to improve it (or learn from it)!