I designed this couple of Strong Corner for my first upgrade on my Anet A8.
I wanted to add corners to make the structure stronger, but I want also adjust precisly the geometry of my machine.
That's the result•••
It was easy to make because they are simple but effective.
To fully use these corners, you need to:
- Print the "Top" STRONG CORNER
- Print the "Bottom" STRONG CORNER , that is the same model, but symmetrical (use Cura or Slic3r to do that)
- Found x1 M8 (or 5/16) threaded rod (screw), 210mm long.
- Supports everywere (Zig-zag, 15%) => easy to remove
- Wall th. = 1.6mm
- Top/Bottom th. = 1.25
- For ANET A8 without upgrade, print with a small speed (20mm/s for walls and 40mm/s for infill)
Step 1 - Prepare
You have to remove the supports.
I use zig zag (15% density) and it was easy to remove it with a simple knife.
Step 2 - Install
- Put the 1st STRONG CORNER on the top of the Anet frame. You probably have to push a little bit.
- Put the 2nd STRONG CORNER (Symetrical) on the bottom of the frame.
- Screw one M8 nut on each side of the screw (at 25mm from the edge at least), and put a washer.
- Slide the 210mm length M8 screw on the Bottom Strong Corner. When the screw is inside, you can align the screw with the x2 Ø8 holes (on each corner).
- Now you should have: The Top Strong Corner / x1 washer / x1 M8 nut / the screw / x1 M8 nut / x1 washer / the Bottom Strong Corner
- Screw the bottom nut until raise the screw by about 5mm.
- Screw the top nut to apply the PRE-LOAD on your Anet Frame.
- !! CHECK the geometry of the machine in order to not deform it.
Enjoy your Anet ;)