This is a rune holder for the board game Call to Adventure by Brotherwise Games. It allows you to display and organize your runes for gameplay, as well as storage in the original box and insert.
This project contains:
- a central holder for the basic/dark runes
- a holder for 3 runes of a particular skill (print 6 of these)
- a lid for the whole thing (2 options, flat top and shaped top)
- a 3D version of the game logo (4 pieces, or all together) to use as a decoration on the flat top lid
- a player token holder that is not connected to the rune holders, but goes well with the theme
0.21mm (holders) / 0.14mm (logo)
12% (holders) / 100% (logo)
- Print the center rune holder in a neutral color (I chose black, but white works nicely too)
- Print each of the six skill rune holders in their respective colors (red, yellow, blue, purple, green, gray)
- Print the lid in the color of your choice. I prefer the flat top since it doesn't require supports and is easier to decorate
- Print the logo in 3 colors: gold ("Adventure", top line), silver ("Call To"), and light blue/transparent blue (diamond)
- Print the player token holder in the color of your choice
- Assemble the holder by connecting the 6 skill rune holders with the central rune holder.
- Sand the top of the flat top lid and glue the logo pieces as an optional decoration.
The holders were designed in OpenSCAD, taking the Parametric SD Card Holder as a starting point.
The logo was extruded from a 2D image, treated in Paint.net to get a rough shape, then extruded and split into pieces with Microsoft 3D Builder.
Please let me know if you want the SCAD files - the code is a bit messy and not ready to be shared publicly :)