Thanks to „3DprintedMarble“ for the great little manually operated machine. I like it very much.
For some time now I've been watching if there's a motorization. Now I didn't want to wait any longer and I've started my own work now ;-)
I wanted to use the base as a container for battery, switch, AC/DC socket and wiring at the same time and therefore redesigned it. Also the pillars. This modified design also consumes less filament.
As you see, there are more individual parts in my project and they are connected with screws. Screws needed: M3x7mm (8x). These screws were originally 15mm long. I shortened them. One more screw is a metal sheet screw (2,2 x 9mm) for fixing the gearwheel. Alternatively you can also glue it. Steelballs/Marbles ø 7mm.
The recess for the motor is very narrow. This is intended so that the motor can sit firmly. Here you will probably have to rework a little bit with a file.
I'm not an electrician, so I can't give you a schematic. I enclose a few photos where I hope you can see how the wiring is done.
I have used the following components:
- AC 125 V 6A ON-ON 3 Pins 2 Position Mini Toggle Switch
- 2.1x5.5mm 3-pole DC sockets connector, pin 2,1mm,
- Mini DC 6V 30RPM Micro Gear Motor
As it is, it is only in "continuous operation" that we can see where improvements could be appropriate. If there are a lot of balls in operation, the first piston takes up more than 4 balls every now and then, which can lead to 5 or more balls being brought up to the top. This will occasionally result in these extra balls simply being thrown overboard. To prevent the first piston from picking up more than 4 balls, I've narrowed the top surface and widened the pistons 2-4 correspondingly. As you can see in the 2nd video, this works very well! Now the 1st piston cannot take more than 4 balls.
I only reprinted the pistons 1-4 (Piston_1new etc.). Piston 5 stays as it is. I also didn't have to change the already glued Marble_Climber_Cams. They may not be completely centered anymore but it doesn't change the functionality.
15%. Gears 90%. Shaft 100%
Galaxy Black/Romantic Red
The red parts are printed with a Flashforge Finder printer.