Fan duct and matching fan grille for mounting a fan directly above a MKS GEN_L board. When used with a thin fan (8010), the design fits right inside the JGAurora A5 with enough headroom for the Y-axis gantry to pass over.
- Printed fan holder and grille
- fan sized 80x80x10 mm, 71mm mounting hole distance, refer to sketch for measurements. Choose 24V/12V matching your power supply.
- 4x hex spacers w/ inner and outer M3 threading, length 27 or more, depending on height of the heat sinks mounted to the drivers
- 4x M3x8 bolts (or use those the MKS board is mounted with)
- 4x M4x20 countersunk bolts
- 4x M4 self-retaining nuts
extrudr PLA NX2
Print both parts upside down with supports for angles greater then 47°.
Wall thickness 1.2mm (3 lines), 4 top/bottom layers.
After printing, mount the fan and grille to the holder with 4x M4x20 countersunk bolts and self-retaining nuts. Orient the cable to allow for easy routing to the power supply or board connector.
One after the other, replace the bolts mounting the MKS GEN_L board with the hex spacers. Make sure they provide enough room for the fan holder plate to pass over the driver heat sinks. Mount the fan holder assembly with M3 bolts and connect the fan.
Designed with FreeCad 0.18.1