I loved AramilLiadon's flagstone floor and knew it would match the campaign I was going to be starting but I wanted to make the piece larger, a 6" x 6" tile.
Once I did that, and was satisfied with the results, I realized I didn't want to print off a bunch of the floor and then a bunch of the OpenForge 2.0 bases (for a 36"x 42" table) so I decided to merge the two. The result worked well for me and I wanted to share.
One drawback is that since you are printing the floor tile over a rather open base, there is some support structure that needs to be laid down. This uses extra PLA.
I believe that this is a fair trade for printing off one integrated tile instead of printing the base and tile separately and then gluing.
UPDATE: If you have issues with adhesion using a brim you may have to use a raft and printing the tile and base separately will save you a lot of PLA so I have added the stl file for the "flor only" you can get the 6"x6" base from devonjones.
I used a Brim when I first began printing these when printing the full tile using Gray PLA. When I switched to Black PLA, I had to start using a raft as the PLA would not adhere as well where it created supports under the triangular spaces beneath the actual floor. Additionally, after about 15 of them in Gray, the adhesion on my bed caused the occasional support to come loose so I have switch to using a raft for all prints. Unfortunately, this uses a lot of PLA. For this reason I added the "Floor only" STL which will save PLA since you can print the tile and base separately.
More of a good thing is even better
I began by laying out nine of AramilLiadon's 2x2 flagstone floor pieces. Then I added a thin block to fill in the grout lines a bit more since the original is rather deep.
With the 150mm x 150mm piece in place, I added the OpenForge 2.0 6"x6" floor base and sized the tile piece to match the base and then merged them onto one piece.