I wanted to design an experimental multicopter tubeframe which is:
- Modular (X-Quad, H-Quad, Hexa)
- Mostly printable
- Easy to print (No supports)
- Easy to assemble (No glue)
This is it, the PRIMOMUTU. The Printable Modular Multicopter Tubeframe. The frame basically consists out of the inner frame parts and the motormounts. The inner frame parts are connected by two 12mm carbon tubes. All parts clamp on 12mm carbon tube so they can be mounted in various positions.
There are frameparts with different arm angles so you can make a H-Quad, H-Hexa, X-Quad and so on. Also there are motormounts with space for an ESC and with or without landing leg. Additionally, I designed a few frameparts with mounting platforms for the GPS-antenna, a gimbal, telemetry or fpv transmitters etc.
My prototype, as shown in the pictures, only weighs 840g! AUW with 4800mAh 3S LiPo is 1250g.
There are two versions of every part:
- One with 2.5mm screw holes so you can tap an M3 thread in them, markes as "thread".
- One with 3.2mm through holes if you would like to use screws with nuts.
What you need :
- 12mm carbon tube
- M3x16 screws for all the frame parts
- M3x12 screws for the motors
Added V2 of the FC/GPS single deck frame parts (Frame_FC_GPS_high_V2.stl and Frame_FC_GPS_high_thread_V2.stl).
They now have the same thickness and height as the battery frameparts.
Added V2 of all the cam Mounts with more thickness (5 instead of 3mm) of the mounting plate for more rigidity.
Printed with 2 perimeters. Add perimeters if you want more rigidity.