There are a few PID control boxes on Thingiverse already but I didn't like that the PID interface was always offset from center so I created one is more aesthetically pleasing for those with slight design OCD. The print itself is roughly 195mm along the longest dimension so it should fit on an i3 type printer or a printer with a bed that is at least 200mm.
NOTE: I added the "Please Drink Responsibly" text to the lid for a test version but subsequently removed it. Let me know if you think I should put something back on the lid.
To fill out the components for this project you'll need:
- (1) Any standard size PID controller though the ones I've used are InkBird ITC-100VH
- (1) IEC 320 C14 Panel Mount Plug Adapter
- (1) US 3 Pin Power Socket Panel Mount
- (8) 1/2" #6-32 panhead machine screws
- (4) 1/4" #6-32 buglehead machine screws
- (3) #6-32 nuts
- ~5ft of stranded 18 gauge wire
- ~3ft of stranded 12 gauge wire
- Not needed but getting crimpable wire connectors makes this nicer
I will add a wiring diagram upon request but the only kind of unusual thing you need to do is solder wires individually to the 3 nuts. This connection will allow you to use screw terminals on the back of the box so you don't have to modify you existing temperature probe's cable.