This is a bulb which fits to the Pinecone lamp https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2827592 contains 56 WS2812 Neopixel Leds. The pieces of the LED Stripes (7 per piece) are glued to the 8 sides of the 3D printed octagon. Inside the lamp feed there is an ESP32 controlling the 56 LEDs. The ESP32 sets up a WLAN network "Neopixel_Bulb" and the bulb can be controlled easily by a web browser e.g. via a mobile phone by entering the IP Address 192.168.4.1 via 4 menus. In the main menu the 3 menus (Basic color, Advanced color and Effects) can be chosen and the lamp can be switched on and off. Switching on and off is also possible via a push button mounted on top of the bulb and connected to pin 13 of the ESP32.
In the Basic Color Menu 13 different colors as well as a dimming factor can be chosen
In the Advance Color Menu a color can be chosen be defining red, green and blue value.
In the Effects Menu 10 different animated effect with corresponding dimming factor and speed can be chosen.
The seetings are saved also after power on.
Here is a short summary on how to build the device:
- Print the buld
- Attache the 8 strip parts to the 8 sides of the octagon (Data out should be on the same side as Data In of the next stripe)
- Connect the stipes to one daisy chain
- Connect EACH stripe to +5V and Gound seperately
- Drill a hole for the push button on top and connect one side to Gnd and the other side to pin 13 of the ESP
- Connect the input of the Led stripe to Pin 12 of the ESP32
- Glue the ESP32 into the basement of the lamp
- Open the Adruino environment (Version 1.8.5) and install the ESP32 externsion
- Download all needed libraries (see links in code)
- Transfer the web pages to the ESP32 (Tools --> ESP32 Sketch Data Upload) located under data
- Change the XXXXXXX to a valid password in the code
- Compile and upload the code
- Search with a mobile phone or laptop for the WLAN "Neopixel bulb" and connect to that network with the chosen password
- Open a browser and enter IP address 192.168.4.1
For more information see documented code
Renkforce PLA PLA