Loading

MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
JKGeez

Table Top Turn Tower

by JKGeez Apr 24, 2019
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

First part (the rod / pole) took me 4h and 49m on an Ender 3 out of the box, using the default draft settings in cura. (20% infill, 60 travel, 0,2 layer).

It didn't seem to close the full shell on the left and right side of the pole both sides besides the centre holding the magnets. I am not entirely sure if that is an issue on my printer or a thicker wall should have been used. Serveral DnD mini's came out just fine (but those had high infill). I'll fix it with after modeling, just a note for others that might want to do this and hate tinkering after printing :) For the rest it came out quite alright although I would suggest higher infill then 20% and perhaps running the higher layers on lower speed (or overall lower speed)

I had the same issue on the ones I printed, also the top of the case had a weird slit in the center. I couldn't figure out why it was doing that. I just opened it now in s3d and it looked good but then I changed how many perimeter shells it had and the ring you were talking about showed up again so I guess just fiddle with that till you find what works best for you. I just threw some wood filler on it, sanded and painted it. If I get some free time I'll try messing with them again.
I usually go with 4 top layers so it helps get away with less infill. I think I did 2 perimeter shells, I don't remember. I might have put like 6 or something to beef it up some but the 2 seems to work without getting that ring so I would start there.

Im new to 3d printing and still finding my way around it. But at least now i have an idea how to fix that print. I was already eyeing my 3d finishing tool but thought it was a bit too risky (usb driven solder with different tips, when it starts working okay you need to be careful because TOO MUCH HEAT is half a second further) so wood filler seems like a better idea to go. Changed my settings to match 4 toplayers so i'll see what the other parts might do while i fix this part (have to do something during printing time :) )