This is a replacement neck ball joint for a Barbie doll.
There are 2 types of ball joint files:
- barbie-neck-ball-joint-original - Matches the design of the original Barbie neck ball joint
- barbie-neck-ball-joint-improved - A stronger version with a wider neck transition with filleted edges
Both STL and Fusion 360 files are included.
- Use high infill for increased strength. 100% is recommended.
- Use of a Raft is recommended because of the very small bottom layer area.
Assuming you have a Barbie head and a Barbie body
- Place the round part of the ball joint into the neck cavity. Be careful, as there is a possibility that the area around the neck could crack if the Barbie doll is old.
- Place the Barbie head onto the neck. Push down hard until the upper part of the ball joint is firmly seated inside the head. Traditional Barbie heads are flexible so they should flex to allow the joint to enter the head cavity.