My family was gifted with a cool mechanical light switch awhile ago and when I left to college I missed playing with it. So I 3D printed one of those Frankenstein light switches and had that on my wall in my room for awhile. However, I thought it was about time to switch so I remodeled the one from my family's house. As you can see, I only had blue filament and some left over white at the time. I also added a handle to the final model. Also, my new apartment doesn't have lever light switches anymore so that's why this pic is just of the switch on my wall.
Almost everything can be attached using 1.75 mm filament. I used this method I learned awhile back where you cut a piece of filament, stick it in like a hinge, and melt both ends of the filament flattening it in the process and it turns into a permanent mount. It works great and I recommend it in any projects you all do. The two Switch Slide Channels I used krazy glue to secure. Lastly, this replaces the current light switch panel you have but utilizes the screws.
Print everything once except:
Spacer (qty. 2)
Switch Slide Channel (qty. 2)
Button (qty. 2) (optional: they cover the view of the screws but not necessary)
Let me know if something doesn't work and I will try to fix it.