Titan Extruder for the Anycubic I3 Mega, Prusa i3
This Thing turns your Anycubic I3 Mega from a bowden to a direct drive extruder printer.
I was mostly inspired by petrzmax's Goliathus Extruder - Anycubic I3 Mega, Prusa I3. I wanted to use the Prusa fan duct which is very effective and tried to remix the Goliathus extruder but ran into too many problems so I finally decided to recreate the whole thing from scratch.
So this is a complete new design.
Things I have changed in this design
- Moved the hotend fan to the right side, because I could not get it to work with the printer X-endstop switch on the left. The switch was touching the spinning fan wings.
- Adjustable X-endstop
- Prusa fan duct. This was the most important change for me because the Prusa fan duct is very effective. No additional mount adaptors needed.
What do I need?
- Titan Extruder or clone with pancake stepper motor
- V6 Hotend or clone
- 50x50x15 parts cooling fan
- 40x40x10 hotend cooling fan
- 2 M3x8 screws for the Nema-17 mount
- 2 M3x8 screws for the BLTouch (optional)
- 4 M3x20 screws for the X-carriage
- 7 M3x10 screws (hotend fan, fan duct, parts cooling fan, adjustable X-endstop)
- M3 nuts
- 4 M3 washers
What else do I need to print?
If you want to use BLTouch just print the Nema-17 holder with the integrated BLTouch mount. Use these offsets in
Note: I don't use BLTouch so this is untested. Let me know if there are any issues.
- Insert the M3 nuts into the Nema-17 mount. This is important, if you forget them you have to disassemble the whole thing later!
- Insert the 4 M4 nuts for the X-carriage into the base
- Follow the instructions to assemble the V6 Hotend and the Titan Extruder
- Mount the cover and the adjustable X-endstop. This should be pretty straight forward, the photos will help.
- Assemble the fan duct and the parts cooling fan
- Mount the hotend fan with 4 M3x10 screws, the screws are directly screwed into the plastic
- Mount the whole thing onto the X-carriage with 4 M3x20 screws and washers from the carriage side.
- Adjust the X-endstop with the adjuster
When everything is in place and working you need to calibrate the extruder. Expect a much higher value for the E-steps (around 440-450) because of the gear ratio.
- Redesigned the base and the cover to improve the air flow of the hotend cooler
- BLTouch mount
- Cable tie holders in the base
- Relaxed the tolerances of the Nema-17 mount
Support is only needed for the titan cover