New version: June 24th 2019
Version: June 11, 2019
A back mounted Control Case for your SKR 1.1 or 1.3 board with Raspberry Pi and LM2596 buck convertor on your Ender 3. I've completely revamped the former version of this box.
The box integrates with a cable chain connection for the heated bed. It replaces the cableChain_40MountSide from the cable chain at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2920060. You can now connect the cable chain directly to the control box. The left control box also holds an opening in the back to feed through a cable to the PiCam.
Please note 1:
- You will need to use feet under the frame in order to lift the frame up 20mm. As most people have damper feet anyway, this should not be an issue. (stl included: print in TPU for best handling of vibrations)
Please note 2:
- There are two versions for the RasPi cover depending on whether or not you use the y-axis limit switch (possible to do sensorless homing with TMC2130's)
Please note 3:
- Some Ender-3's have the connection for the stepper motor cable on the bottom, in that case you will have to unscrew the stepper motor and turn it so the connection is at the back and doesn't get in the way of the cover.
Please note 4:
- All screw holes require a brass insert for easy screwing. RasPi standoffs are M2, all other standoffs are M3. An assortment can be obtained here: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Transkoot-450-Pcs-M2-M3-M4-Kits-Messing-Injectie-Moer-Koper-Insert-Gekartelde-Noten-Opruwen-Moer/32952263262.html?spm=a2g0s.90423126.96.36.1993d4c4dcaGOXU
Fusion360 STEP file included.
Any PLA (TPU for feet)
- Remove supports
- Temporarily remove y-axis endstop and y-axis stepper motor bracket
- Slide box in rail
- SKR board can be fitted with original board screws from the Melzi board
- Slide in a 40x40x10 fan
- Slide in a damper foot onto each corner (simplest way is to remove end cap and slide them in). I've also placed an additional foot in the middle of the printer.
- If you want to screw the cases onto the frame, you will need to tap a thread in the frame sized M5