This is a first pass at a sock knitting machine cylinder with customizable slots, so you can print out as many cylinders as you'd like to have.
This one is based on a Gearhart cylinder, because that's all I have available, but I tried to make the code easy to understand and update so it can be modified to fit other machines as well.
I haven't yet printed out a full cylinder (it takes about 20 hours on my machine), but I did print out about the bottom 1/4" or so and compare it to the cylinder I have. The diameter is correct, the bosses are in the correct location. The holes are far too small, and need to be relocated somewhat, but they need to be bored out and threaded anyway. The bosses could use more support along the sides, and there only need to be three of them instead of the four there currently are, but the extra one shouldn't interfere in any way.
The customizer seems to work correctly, but the narrow teeth above the spring are located improperly for an 80 tooth cylinder. They look OK for a 60 or 108 tooth cylinder, so the algorithm likely just needs work for the middle range.
I plan to include ribbers on the next iteration, but don't have time to play just yet.
Things should get better around mid-May, 2019.